Physics of Everyday Life
Credits: 3Catalog #20806220
Have you ever looked at something and said to yourself "I wonder how that works?" If so, this is the course for you. The Physics of Everyday Life will explore basic principles of physics including classical mechanics, fluids, heat, resonance, waves, light and electricity and magnetism through the lens of everyday objects. We will gain insight through studying objects such as bumper cars, roller coasters, light bulbs, musical instruments and microwave ovens.
Enrollment Requirements: Prerequisite: Basic Algebra (74854793) or Elementary Algebra w/Apps (10804110) or Elementary Algebra w/Apps (10834110) with a grade of C or higher or COMPASS Algebra 40+ or ACT Math 20-36.
last updated: 02:01:48 AM May 4 2016
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment.
Get registration checklist
This is a list of classes scheduled at various Madison Area Technical College locations. For complete, up-to-date information - including availability - please search for classes through myMadisonCollege.