General Anatomy and Physiology features lectures and laboratory dealing with the human body as an integrated structural and functional unit, including the circulatory, respiratory, digestive, excretory, reproductive, nervous, endocrine, muscular and skeletal systems, in addition to cell structure and physiology. It includes dissection of fresh and preserved material as well as examination of a human cadaver. This course is not acceptable in programs requiring two semesters of Anatomy and Physiology. General Anatomy and Physiology is a one semester course. Students in programs that require two semesters of anatomy and physiology should take Anatomy and Physiology 1, 20-806-207 and Anatomy and Physiology 2, 20-806-208. Introductory college-level biology course recommended.
Enrollment Requirements: Prerequisite: 1 year of high school Chemistry or 1 semester college level Chem (C or better) within the last 5 years AND College Reading Strategies (10808101) or Written Comm (10801195) or English 1 (20801201) or COMPASS Reading 80+ or ACT Reading 18+.
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment. Get registration checklist