College Algebra includes fundamental topics covered in Intermediate Algebra with a more careful look at the mathematical details and a greater emphasis on the concept of function. It covers quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions, equations and inequalities; the use of matrices and determinants in solving linear systems of equations, solving non-linear systems; sequences and series.
Enrollment Requirements: Prerequisite: grade of C or better in Intermediate Algebra (20804201) or Intermediate Algebra 2 (20804203); or COMPASS Algebra 66-99, or College Algebra 1-80, or ACT Math 24 or higher.
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment. Get registration checklist