Ceramics Firing Techniques/Alternative Methods
Credits: 3Catalog #20815296
The class will focus on different firing techniques. Techniques covered would be Raku, sawdust firings, the use of saggars at different temperatures, vapor glazes and primitive pit kilns, as well as more traditional luster firings and other low temperature techniques. Surface treatments to pots that enhance the uniqueness of the firing would be stressed. Students will have the opportunity to build kilns and manage the firings themselves. If possible, the class would try to have pieces in, and help with, a wood firing and salt firing. The class will meet in the Downtown Ceramics studio as well as at the Commercial Ave Campus for some firings.
Enrollment Requirements: Prerequisite: Ceramics 1, 20815290
last updated: 02:01:12 PM Jun 30 2016
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment.
Get registration checklist
This is a list of classes scheduled at various Madison Area Technical College locations. For complete, up-to-date information - including availability - please search for classes through myMadisonCollege.