Calculus 1 is designed for students of mathematics, science, and engineering. This is an introduction to the basic properties of limits, rate of change of functions, continuity, derivatives of algebraic and elementary transcendental functions, their products quotients and compositions, curve sketching, finding maxima and minima, and indefinite and definite integration with applications.
Enrollment Requirements: Prerequisite: Trigonometry (20804213) or Mathematical Analysis (20804229) with a grade of C or better; or COMPASS Trigonometry 46-99.
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment. Get registration checklist