The Motorcycle Basic Rider Course teaches real world skills and strategies as a foundation for safe motorcycling. Classes consist of ten full hours of actual range riding and six hours of classroom instruction from motorcyclists trained and certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and approved by the WI Department of Transportation. Cycles and Helmets are provided. At the end of the class you will complete both a written and riding skills evaluation. Successful completion of this class will allow you to receive your MSF Completion Card and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Skills Test Waiver form. You will also need to pass an additional written test at the Wisconsin DMV to obtain an "M" endorsement.
If you are under the age of 18 at the time of registration or require proof of enrollment to receive your temporary motorcycle permit, please contact the Motorcycle Office directly to obtain the necessary paperwork.
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment. Get registration checklist