Develops writing skills which includes prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing. A variety of writing assignments is designed to help the learner analyze audience and purpose, research and organize ideas, and format and design documents based on subject matter and content. Also develops critical reading and thinking skills through the analysis of a variety of written documents.
Note: Fees for fall classes are not displayed at this time because tuition rates are not yet defined by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board. Rather than provide incorrect information, no fees for fall classes will be displayed until tuition rates are received. It is estimated that fall fees will be displayed later in May 2015. Once fees are available, updated costs will appear in your student financial account.
Enrollment Requirements: Prereq: Opt 1:(Acad Writing 5&6 77851757 and Coll Read Strat 10808101)OR Opt 2:(COMPEng 46-99 or ASSET Writing 39-55 or ACT Eng 15-36)AND(COMPRead 80-99 or ASSET Read 42-53 or ACT Read 18-36). Coll Read Strat can be taken concurrently with Written Comm.
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment. Get registration checklist