Laboratory Math for Biotechnology
Credits: 1Catalog #10007136
This course introduces mathematical tools that are used in the biotechnology laboratory. Students apply mathematical concepts to solve problems such as: calculating amounts of chemicals required to make solutions, graphing and interpreting data, and calibrating instruments. Basic statistical concepts may also be introduced.
Enrollment Requirements: Prereq: Basic Alg 77854793; OR Basic Alg 74854793; OR COMPASS Pre-Alg 43-99; OR COMPASS Alg 1-39; OR ASSET El. Alg 23-39; OR ASSET Num Skills 40-55; OR ACT Math 17-19; OR acceptance into Biotech Post-Bacc Cert or Biotech Post-Bacc Intensive Cert
last updated: 02:01:11 AM May 1 2016
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment.
Get registration checklist
This is a list of classes scheduled at various Madison Area Technical College locations. For complete, up-to-date information - including availability - please search for classes through myMadisonCollege.