Credits: 3Catalog #10007123
Covers the basic techniques of plant and animal cell culture. Plant unit includes media preparation isolation of explants and establishment of callus from suspension cultures, growth factor bioassays, regeneration of whole plants from tissue and plant genetic engineering techniques. Mammalian cell unit includes media preparation, maintenance of cultured cells, transfection of cultured cells, cloning, monoclonal antibody production, and ELISA assays. Lab included. Prerequisite: 10-007-115 or consent of instructor.
Enrollment Requirements: Prerequisite: Biotech Lab Skills, 10007103, and General Cell Biology, 10007115; or admittance into Biotechnology Post-baccalaureate Certificate or Biointensive Certificate
last updated: 08:01:16 PM Aug 31 2015
Students have until the day before the class starts to register for online, accelerated and short-term classes. After that point, students must obtain permission from the instructor to register and will have until the last date to enroll to use the permission granted to register. For all other classes, students have until the last date to enroll if seats are available.
Quick enrollment instructions:
If you are new to Madison College, start by creating your student account.
1) Click the +add favorites button next to the class in which you are interested.
2) Class details will display in a new page. There, click the Add to Favorites button.
3) Return to the original page to search for more classes and add more favorites.
4) To enroll, click , or tap on the mobile page (top right).
5) Select favorites to Move To Cart, then login with your student account to complete enrollment.
Get registration checklist
This is a list of classes scheduled at various Madison Area Technical College locations. For complete, up-to-date information - including availability - please search for classes through myMadisonCollege.